Created by D. Colgur with EclipseCrossword by Green Eclipse Software — www.eclipsecrossword.com
3. chemical elements (eg. iron, copper, calcium) your body needs in small amounts
6. a mineral essential for bones and teeth
8. vitamins usually act as _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ to enzymes
10. substances which speed up chemical reactions in the body
15. also called Vitamin B1. Helps release energy from carbohydrates.
18. a vitamin important for skin and for good night vision (a word and a letter together)
19. an element contained in red blood cells which helps carry oxygen to cells
21. Vitamins A, D, E and K are called _ _ _-soluble vitamins
22. Vitamin K helps promote normal _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ of blood
1. a type of fruits which are high in vitamin C
2. people with this cannot properly digest dairy products (two words together)
4. a substance which helps tooth enamel become stronger. It is sometimes added to water supplies.
5. a vitamin which is produced by bacteria in your intestine (a word and a letter together)
7. combines with another mineral in bones and teeth
9. a deficiency of iron is called iron deficiency ...
11. Vitamins B and C are called _ _ _ _ _-soluble vitamins
12. one millionth of a gram
13. red _ _ _ _ is a good source of iron
14. a condition caused by lack of vitamin C
16. a mineral essential for proper functioning of the thyroid gland
17. a vitamin which helps in the absorption of calcium in the body (a word and a letter joined)
20. a mineral which helps regulate water levels in cells and in the blood