This crossword was created with EclipseCrossword by Green Eclipse Software — www.eclipsecrossword.com
2. an isotope of this element with a mass number of 25 has 13 neutrons
5. original 4 elements were air, earth, fire and __________
8. an isotope of this element with a mass number of 87 has 37 protons
9. a pure substance made up of more than one kind of atom is called a ______
11. of the elements uranium, plutonium, bismuth and selenium, which one is artificially produced?
12. cobalt-60 is used in the treatment of
19. an element which has 7 electrons in its highest orbit and is liquid at room temperature
20. wrote the "Skeptical Chymist"
21. Of the elements carbon, nitrogen, oxygen or fluorine, which one has 5 electrons in its highest filled shell?
24. an isotope of this element with a mass number of 39 has 19 neutrons
26. came up with the first useable periodic table
28. neutral ____ has 74 electrons
31. decomposed mercuric oxide into its elements
33. a vertical column of the periodic table is called a chemical ___
35. the name of an isotope with 1 proton and 1 neutron
36. when an alkali metal reacts with water it produces ___ gas
1. the most reactive halogen is
3. the number of protons is called the ___number
4. a colourless, non-reactive element used in light bulbs and welding aluminum is
6. Cavendish burned hydrogen in pure _____ to produce water.
7. a group of atoms joined together
10. the ____'s stone could change lead into gold
13. an element with an atomic mass of 112.4
14. an isotope with an unstable nucleus is said to be
15. first came up with the idea of atoms
16. he explained the spectrum of hydrogen using his model of the atom
17. a non-reactive element used in airships
18. an element used to disinfect water in pools and drinking water.
19. isolated phosphorus from urine
22. kept the 4 element hypothesis alive for 2000 years
23. an element with 52 protons
25. the third orbit in an atom of potassium contains how many electrons?
27. first suggested matter is made of 4 elements
29. an element which has similar properties to sodium, but has a smaller atomic mass is
30. different forms of the same kind of atom with different numbers of neutrons are called
32. published the Atomic Theory
34. for sodium to have the stable electron arrangement of a noble gas, it would have to ___ an electron